Wawasee Plaza was originaly built in four sections around 1904. The section on the corner of Main Street and SR 13 was torn down and replaced with the State Bank of Syracuse. The buildings have been through many changes and many businesses have called it home including Bales Butchershop and Key Bank. At some point the building furthest to the east was torn down to produce a parking lot. Current changes include a hallway from the middle building to the eastern building, office space was built in the east and middle buildings and the floor plan on the 2nd level was redone. Come visit Wawasee Plaza today!  
  *image supplied by Syracuse Community Center    
   

 

 

To find out more about Syracuse's history visit the Syracuse Community Center's musuem